*This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you – Learn More –
Looking for a fun craft to do with your little ones to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? My daughter and I created this fun lady leprechaun mask, perfect for celebrating this Irish holiday!
- 2 Paper plates
- Orange Paint
- Green, Black and yellow construction Paper
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Black Pen & Black marker
- Index cards
- Elmer’s Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Masking tape
- Hold plate up to child and sketch neck area.
- Let child paint entire plate, I wiped the “neck area off” before it dried completely, so it looks a little less orange.
- Cut out face area and cut slices in the plate for the hair.
- Cut out the hat on construction paper and on index card.
- Glue index card on back of hat to make it stiffer.
- Glue the rest of the hat together and write Happy St. Patricks Day and the year.
- Hot Glue hat to the top of the plate
- Turn the plate over, glue the craft stick on and tape it for extra support.
- Our mask was a little top heavy … So I cut so Popsicle sticks in half and hot glued them around the back bottom of the mask for extra support.
- Cut out the middle of the second plate and hot glue it to the backside. The mask should now be nice and sturdy and ready for play!
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post.
Feel free to leave a comment or message me, I would love to hear from you 🙂
~ Connect with me on social media ~
Join our e-mail subscription (at the bottom of this site), you will get notifications of new blog posts!