*This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you – Learn More –
When we started creating this silly musical instrument, we weren’t imagining putting a face on him. After we put it together and had added the ribbon to the top. We realized how cute it would be, if we made the shaker a face. So we added googly eyes and some pasta we had on hand (that we dyed for a previous project). I love how fun and colorful he is and he looks so cute in our music corner (photo shown in the bottom of this post)!
- Voss water bottle or Sensory bottle
- White Popcorn
- Small round eye hook
- Googly eyes
- pasta (or whatever you want to create the face)
- Super Glue
- Hot Glue Gun
- Food coloring & Rubbing alcohol or vinegar (optional)
- Dye your popcorn kernels and pasta if you want them colored.
- Peel labels and clean the Voss water bottle.
- Fill with popcorn (I used 5 tablespoons, 1 tablespoon for each color)
- Super glue on lid
- Add eye-hook to the top
- Tie ribbons to the top and use the lighter to burn the ends of the ribbon so it doesn’t fray
- Hot glue googly eyes and pasta to create his face
We used these old spice containers I had saved, to dye the popcorn kernels in.
Our playroom music corner
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post.
Feel free to leave a comment or message me, I would love to hear from you 🙂
~ Connect with me on social media ~
Join our e-mail subscription (at the bottom of this site), you will get notifications of new blog posts!