*This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you – Learn More –
Are you looking for a simple science experiment? This is a must try experiment to do with little ones and it only takes two ingredients; Skittles and Warm water.
My preschool daughter loves science experiments, and rainbows! She had so much fun, creating these mesmerizing rainbow Skittle designs watching the colors swirl and mix.
- 1 bag or box of Skittles
- Warm Water
- Slightly con-caved plate or dish
- Have your child line up the Skittles in a circle on a plate or dish that is slightly concave. We just tried circles, but other shapes would be fun to try too.
- Once the circle or shape has been completed pour in warm temperature water in the middle. Make sure to add enough that it goes right to the edge of the candy on all sides.
- After the warm water is added, wait thirty seconds to see the colors begin dissolving away from the candy shells and creating a beautiful design.
- At the end I let my daughter mix the colors together.
Watch our Simple Skittles Science Experiment video below.
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post.
Feel free to leave a comment or message me, I would love to hear from you 🙂
~ Connect with me on social media ~
Join our e-mail subscription (at the bottom of this site), you will get notifications of new blog posts!
This Post Has 7 Comments
Beautiful colors there! Skittles used to be my favorite as a kid too, haha. This reminds me of those nail art designs where you drop in the nail polish in a shallow little bowl and swirl the colors then dip your nail in!
Thank you Piper! Also for the idea that would be a fun way of doing nails with my girls, we will have ti try next time!
I blog often and I seriously appreciate your home schooling posts!
This great article has really peaked my interest. I am going to
book mark your website and keep checking for new details about once per week.
I also opted in for your RSS feed as well.
Thank you for following my blog. I would like to see yours as well! Thank you for bookmarking my site and joining my email subscription.
My brother suggested I may like this website. He was once entirely right. Your blog truly made my day. You can not consider just how much time I had spent on this site! Thank you!
Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed surfing around your
blog posts. After all I will be subscribing in your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam
remarks? If so how do you protect against it,
any plugin or anything you can suggest?
I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.