*This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you – Learn More –
While searching Pinterest, for faith based Easter project ideas to do with my 4 year old, I came across this sun catcher “stained glass” cross craft. I love this fun, simple & genius way kids can create there own stained glass looking decorations! Aren’t they beautiful!
- Clear Contact Paper
- Tissue paper
- Black Construction Paper
- Masking Tape
- Double stick tape
- Elmer’s Glue (Optional)
1. Cut out two identical outlines for the cross, out of construction paper.
2. Cut Tissue paper into little squares.
3. Cut the clear contact paper and tape it to the table, sticky side up.
4. Arrange the construction paper cross to the contact paper.
5. Let your child decorate the sun catcher with the tissue paper squares.
6. After decorating is completed. Place the other cross on top of the other one.
7. Place another piece of clear contact paper over the finished project.
8. Cut your cross out leaving a border of the contact paper around the cross.
8. The one in the first picture was made the same way, except I glued the borders together at the end.
9. I used double stick tape to attach her lovely sun catchers to the windows.
They are so beautiful! My daughter loves to see her colorful decorations, tapped to the windows of her playroom.
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post.
Feel free to leave a comment or message me, I would love to hear from you 🙂
~ Connect with me on social media ~
Join our e-mail subscription (at the bottom of this site), you will get notifications of new blog posts!