In celebration of our beautiful Earth and Earth Day, my 4 year old and I did a little gardening, re-potting houseplants and crafting!
One craft we did was this Lorax mask. Based on the book “The Lorax” – By, Dr. Seuss… I love creating lessons with crafts that are inspired by children’s books. They help encourage children to read, makes the characters come to life and its a way too make learning fun!
We read the book and watched the Lorax movie, while we crafted. We had so much fun making this! My silly Little one loves to hold her mask to her face and quote “The Lorax”
“I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees”
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
This Dr. Seuss Lorax Mask is an easy to make craft.
- My daughter painted the paper plate orange
- While she did that, I cut the red tongue pipe cleaner and yellow pipe cleaners 3 on eachside one a little smaller then the next
- I hot glued the yellow “eye brows” together
- I folded the yellow construction paper, and traced then cut out my daughters “hand” for the mustache
- Then I hot-glued all the pieces to the Lorax’s face to the paper plate.
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post.
Feel free to leave a comment or message me, I would love to hear from you 🙂
~ Connect with me on social media ~
Join our e-mail subscription (at the bottom of this site), you will get notifications of new blog posts!