My 4-year-old niece joined my 4-year-old daughter and I in Christmas craft making. This adorable “Santa Hand Ornament” is the ornament craft we made!
- Small Red Craft Sticks (or you can paint some)
- Cotton Balls
- Red Pom Pom
- Googly Eyes
- Large Index Card (this is what I had here) or cardstock
- Metal Ornament Hanger
- Hot glue gun
- White School Glue
- Trace your child’s hand onto a large index card or cardstock and cut out
- We cut 3 small craft sticks in half (to make two ornaments)
- Hot glue craft sticks into a triangle
- Cut one cotton ball into fourths and roll into balls
- The girls used white school glue to attach the cotton balls on the top & bottom of their “hats”
- Stretch three cotton balls to size, to fit on the three fingers on the bottom to create Santa’s beard and have your child glue them in place
- Hot glue Santa to his hat
- Glue the googly eyes and red pom pom nose on
- On the back, hot glue a metal ornament hanger and write name and date
If you do decide to make this craft or any of our crafts. We would appreciate it, if you can share a picture on our Facebook page . We would love to see how your art projects turn out!
If you have any questions about our “Santa Hand Ornament” Christmas craft, or anything else… Please feel free to message me or leave a comment.
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post!