HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
When our daughter was an infant we made heart shaped 3D plasters of her hand and foot print for Mother’s Day gifts for her Granny and Grandma. The craft turned out so cute, I wanted to do a similar craft with her now that she is 4.
This “Mommy and Me 3D HandPrint” craft is the perfect craft to do with little ones for Mother’s Day.
- Flatten play-doh into the bottom of your mold. (My mom gave me the vintage plastic heart mold we used).
- Place Mommy’s hand in the center and press down firmly without going through to the bottom of the mold
- Align your child’s hand inside your own print and press firmly
- Mix and pour plaster of paris into the mold
- Let it dry for approx five minutes and add your hanger/ hook to the back we used a plastic tooth floss to prop up the wall hanger from submerging completely in the plaster
- Let it dry thoroughly
- Pop out of mold and peel the playdoh off
- *Optional – Paint your plaster hand prints. We didn’t paint ours. We got the beautiful tie dye look, because we used play-doh from our mixed color play-doh container. We are very happy with how the play-doh stained the plaster.
- Hang and display your beautiful 3D hand print art!
Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post.
Feel free to leave a comment or message me, I would love to hear from you 🙂
~ Connect with me on social media ~
Join our e-mail subscription (at the bottom of this site), you will get notifications of new blog posts!