*This post contains affiliate links, and I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you – Learn More –
When we started creating this silly musical instrument, we weren’t imagining putting a face on him. After we put it together and had added the ribbon to the top. We realized how cute it would be, if we made the shaker a face. So we added googly eyes and some pasta we had on hand (that we dyed for a previous project). I love how fun and colorful he is and he looks so cute in our music corner (photo shown in the bottom of this post)!
- Voss water bottle
- White Popcorn
- Small round eye hook
- Googly eyes
- pasta (or whatever you want to create the face)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Food coloring & Rubbing alcohol or vinegar (optional)
- Dye your popcorn kernels and pasta if you want them colored.
- Peel labels and clean the Voss water bottle.
- Fill with popcorn (I used 5 tablespoons, 1 tablespoon for each color)
- Super glue on lid
- Add eye-hook to the top
- Tie ribbons to the top and use the lighter to burn the ends of the ribbon so it doesn’t fray
- Hot glue googly eyes and pasta to create his face
We used these old spice containers I had saved, to dye the popcorn kernels in.
Our playroom music corner
If you do decide to make this craft or any of our crafts. We would appreciate it, if you can share a picture on our Facebook page . We would love to see how your art projects turn out!
If you have any questions about our”Colorful Music Man Shaker Instrument”, or anything else… Please feel free to message me or leave a comment. Thank you for reading!
Don’t forget to Pin this post!